Design Studio Intern (paid)
Ally Capellino is looking for a 1 year, full time paid intern (may consider 6 months or variation) to work in our design studio in Shoreditch.
We are a small team producing 2 collections of men’s and women’s accessories a year. Working with suppliers in the UK, Far East and Europe we produce ranges sold throughout the world as well as exclusive products for Apple and Tate.
AC bags are modern, functional and beautiful, made from the best leathers and fabrics and appreciated for their design and classic longevity.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF IT:
- Preparing detailed specification sheets than can easily be read and interpreted in the various factories
- Interacting and negotiating with manufacturers and suppliers
- Developing design ideas and products, and seeing the ranges develop
- Dealing with repairs, in house
- General ad hoc help in other areas of the business
- Helping both sales and production managers when needed (preparing for trade shows and distribution)
- Understanding how a small fashion business works
- Understanding range planning and structuring
- Sourcing quality materials, trims, fittings- possible visit to trade fairs
- Timing in the design cycle, sampling times and foreseeing and coping with problems that may arise
- Learning about how costings are done.
- And more………….
- Email /Word/Excel
- Accessory and leather construction and making experience
- Basic pattern making
- Basic prototype making, , etc, Drawing,
- Tea-making skills go down well, along with a good and positive attitude.
Please send your CV and 3 photos of your work with a covering letter about why you feel that we could benefit each other to: